Terms & Conditions
- The catalogue is applicable only to bona fide members of the horticultural industry and those purchasing on behalf of local authorities. Orders from the general public cannot be accepted.
- This catalogue cancels all previous catalogues, and supplementary price lists.
- We reserve the right to adjust our prices without prior notice, should the need arise.
- All prices are shown exclusive of VAT. Prices do not include delivery. Appropriate charges will be levied according to the size of the order, delivery location, the possible use of ferries, and the potential to incorporate other deliveries on the vehicle.
- All goods to be paid for, at time of collection, or 7 days before delivery, unless the buyer has a previously arranged credit account with Griffin Nurseries. Payment is strictly within 30 days of the date of invoice for account holders.
- All customers are deemed noncredit account holders, unless they have completed a credit account application form, which has been authorized and returned by Griffin Nurseries with a pre-arranged credit limit agreed.
Late Payment Surcharge
Accounts not settled within this period will be surcharged as follows:
- We reserve the right to charge 8% above the Bank of England published base rate
- Surcharges are not an offer of extended credit.
- For orders less than £75.00 a 15% surcharge will be added. Any plants returned to our nursery with our consent will be subject to a 25% restocking charge.
- All plants are believed to be true to name, but in the event of an error on our part our liability to pay charges or compensate for any breach of contract shall not exceed the invoice price of the plant in question. No claim for loss of profit or other expenses incurred in excess of the invoice value of the plants will be considered.
- All goods supplied by the nursery will remain the property of the nursery until payment has been received in full and funds cleared. Until such time as the property in the goods passes to the buyer, the nursery shall be entitled at any time to require the buyer to deliver up the goods to the nursery, and if the buyer fails to do so forthwith, to enter upon any premises of the buyer, or any third party where the goods are stored, and repossess the goods.
- All goods are dispatched at the buyers risk unless otherwise instructed. After receipt and until such time as the property in the goods passes to the buyer the buyer remains responsible for the good condition, and hea1th of the goods. They should be properly protected, planted, or heeled in.
- The customer is responsible for the off-loading of all goods, and where rootballed trees, loaded pallets, or similarly sized or weighted goods are delivered by the company, it shall be the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that the appropriate equipment and operator are available to offload, and that the equipment and its operator comply with all legislative requirements. Where appropriate equipment and or its operator are unavailable the company shall be under no obligation to attempt to unload, and subsequent costs will be charged.
- The company may at its absolute discretion charge the buyer for standing time where offloading is delayed for whatever reason at the rate of £45 per hour.
- Any dates or times quoted for delivery of the goods are approximate only and the nursery shall not be liable for any delay in delivery of the goods however caused. Customers instructing our drivers off the public highway do so at their own expense. Our driver will do their upmost to deliver to the requested location, but the driver’s decision as to the safe operation of the vehicle is final.
- Any complaint should be made in writing within 48 hours of delivery. As we have no control over cultural and environmental conditions we cannot be held responsible for failure of stock, once it has left our premises.
- All descriptions, pictures and other symbols are intended to be used for guidance purposes only.
- If by mutual consent any goods are returned to the nursery the buyer will be deemed to be responsible for any damage to the goods, omissions or reduction in quality.
- Quotation by the company unless otherwise stated will open for acceptance within 30 days from the date of quotation, and in any event shall be subject to availability on receipt of an order in writing.
- The acceptance of an order does not bind the company to supply every item, although we will do our utmost to do so. All stock offered is subject to availability.
- Telephone orders must be confirmed in writing within three days. The buyer shall be responsible of ensuring the accuracy of any order placed with the nursery. We are happy to accept reserve orders but we would like a non-returnable deposit of 20% as a gesture of goodwill.
- By placing an order you are deemed to adhere to these conditions.
- No drawings, illustrations or photographs are to be reproduced without the express permission of Griffin Nurseries.
- Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 7.30 am to 4.00 pm
- Weekend visits strictly by appointment only.